Going round in circles

As a suggestion, convert the FC for the roller door to an FB and use an IEC timer inside it instead of the s5 timer.

It was something I read last night on the Siemens forum while I was trying to get some more information in IEC timers. The title was simantic timers VS iEC timers. I think I may have miss read it thou as I've just realised that a iec timer can use upto a dword. It was my last night shift crazy things start happening at that time lol

I'm on my four off now so gonna have a play with different iec timers. I will let you know how I get on, or if i get stuck lol Cheers again

Right this is where I am at, I put the call for the simFB in network one of FB2 but it wasnt happy so I have put it in comments so I can save it. Hopefully FB1 is correct but I wouldnt to put money on it.

FB1 is fine. Hopefully you found that you couldn't assign inputs to outputs and vice-versa. The editor's built in rules do not allow this, but can be got around by using ladder logic and the fbx.parametername format - see below:

eb1.jpg

FB1 needs modifying by adding a SET SAVE to the end of the block.
This makes sure the ENO coming out of the FB is always true and allows you put ladder logic on the same rung.

Code:
      L     #iDoorPosition              //simulated bottom limit
      L     0
      ==I   
      =     #LowLim                     //Bottom Limit

[B]      SET   
      SAVE  [/B]

Yeah I previously tried to assign and input and output, in my first atempt of the roller door project but it had a wobble.

What is the 'ENO', is it the same as the RLO?

I believe the set and save are to do with the RLO being set to 1 once the block call has been called. I didnt think that this was inportant?

EN/ENO are paired special command. ENO is set if block was executed with no error (here i don't mean of programmed error coded by programmer).
for instance if you have a DIV block with 5 and 2 as input ENO would be set after division, but if you have 5 and 0 input then it would happen division by zero and ENO would not be set.

ENO is the "block result" or BR - used by siemens blocks to indicate if a block has executed correctly. I have only used this rarely, most of the time I use set save to ensure the BR is true.

Arh yes I have seen them on timer and other blocks when they are in ladder. If you are in stl are this still inportant/used, unless you want to use them within the code?