Going round in circles

ENO is the "block result" or BR - used by siemens blocks to indicate if a block has executed correctly. I have only used this rarely, most of the time I use set save to ensure the BR is true.

Just so I understand if the the block has executed correctly RLO = 0 so the next part of code wont get processed?

Your FB1 is red - this means you have changed interface of FB1 from when you posted the project earlier.

Delete the call, then use File>CheckandUpdate accesses to bring your interface up to date. When FB1 is black, you will be able to enter the call.

Just so I understand if the the block has executed correctly RLO = 0 so the next part of code wont get processed?

it's the opposite, if correct then ENO (your "RLO") is set (to 1) and next will execute

or more accurate if block has executed correctly then status of EN is forwarded to ENO

think of it as ENable and ENable Output

in STL there is similar command AENO (And ENO), you can look for explantion

Last edited:
Sweet.. Can I say I dont consider myself to be stupid but the last few days I have learnt so much basic stuff already and I know I havent even got to the interesting stuff. Gonna call it a night, but before I go just to understand what I just done.

Because I modified FB1 interface, the IDB was incorrect. Clicking File>CheckandUpdate accesses regenerates the DB so its happy again?

Thank you again guys!!

So can we take it that you now have the simulation embedded within the roller door FB and it works?

Next phase is to create a supervisor (FB3) and put three door FBs in it using different I/O. Call FB3 from OB1

m3.jpg

Hi LD

Only the operation of the door is working, and I have to simulate the limits. I think it has something to do with the calls for FB1 within FB2. The reason why I think this is I've already called FB2 in OB1 and assigned the auctual address there.

I have attached my up to date code.

Forgot to say with FB2 is an example of a multi instance db? Also in thread 36 in your parameters you use "b" in front of each how come?

Last edited:
I think I may have found the issue. When I set the in and out parameters I used inputs for the up and down trigger and inputs for the high and low limits trigger. But now when I come to declaire them within FB2 they dont like it, as they are the other way round... Gonna give it a go..

Forgot to say with FB2 is an example of a multi instance db? Also in thread 36 in your parameters you use "b" in front of each how come?

well, i think you can say so, cause #door1 to 3 are IDB of FB2.
as fo b in front - it mean that variable is bool type. not necessary but useful and very often in good programming practice (b for bool, i for int, r for real...)

I think I may have found the issue. When I set the in and out parameters I used inputs for the up and down trigger and inputs for the high and low limits trigger. But now when I come to declaire them within FB2 they dont like it, as they are the other way round... Gonna give it a go..

Whilst I look at the project, go back to post #20 - here I show how to assign/use outputs to inputs and vice versa.

...for the simulation FB, Doorup and Doordown are inputs - it is monitoring them to raise and lower the internal variable representing the door position. Likewise, LowLim and Highim are outputs that are used to overwrite the actual inputs in the door FB.

Thats what I initally thought but changed them over as I couldnt assign them in FB 2 but should of reread the complete thread, as you already stated this...

The first network of FB2 should look like this:

Code:
      A     #DoorUp
      =     #fbSimulator.DoorUp
      A     #DoorDown
      =     #fbSimulator.DoorDown
      CALL  #fbSimulator
       DoorUp  :=
       DoorDown:=
       LowLim  :=
       HighLim :=
      A     #fbSimulator.LowLim
      =     #LowLim
      A     #fbSimulator.HighLim
      =     #HighLim

Note that you still have Q;s and I's present in the FB's - the only place they should be is in OB1