Going round in circles

This is where I am at. I had to put some changes I made back as I realised I done it incorrectly. The only thing is when I convert FB2 into stl its in a slightly different order?

Under Option>Reference Data you can display the cross reference which shows you where the i/o is used. When you put the call to FB3 into OB1 (and deleted the call to FB2 currently there), the xref should show your I's and Q's only present in FB3.

Delete FC100 whilst your at it.

xref.jpg

Next phase. Make sure you start with no blocks open.

Edit FB1 and cut the iDoorPosn from the STAT area and paste it to the OUT area. Save the block. You will get a warning that the interface has changed. Close FB1.

Open FB2 - you will get a warning because the interface of FB1 has changed. Update the interface. Add iDoorPosn to the output section of FB2, assign iDoorPosn in the call to fbSimulator.
Save FB2 (you will get a warning.....). Close FB2

Open FB3 - you will get a warning, Update the interface. Assign some MW's to the iDoorPosn outputs (say MW100, MW200 and MW300).
Save FB3.... and close.

Open OB1, check and update accesses to regenerate the instance DB.

Update PLCSIM to show all three doors. Treat yourself to choccy biscuit or similar:)

beer.jpg

Afternoon LD,

I have only the simulator to complete and then I should be right in line with you. While at work today I was thinking could you give me a brief explaination of what we are actually doing and why we would do it like this. I am trying to make notes as we go along so when I need/want to recreate a part code or process I can understand your thought process. For example..

Stage one

Created a simple project of a roller shutter door. Using a simulator.

Stage two

We inbeded FB 1 into FB, is this classed as nesting, why would we do it like this and maybe an simple example if possible.

Stage three

Creating a supervisor...Sounds fun but not 100% sure I know what it is, maybe block control?

Hope you dont mind, but I just want to get inside a programmers brain to reason why they would do sometime one way and not another.

Final thing just wanted to carify, I take it the slider bar in the simulator will not work now as in the simulator we are monitoring DB1.DW0 and in the FB its db1.dw4 I think???

The roller door is the example application.

You can control the roller door using an FC and hard code the Q's I/'s in the FC. If you have more than one door, copy and paste and change the addresses. But what if you have 50 doors and you have to change the processing - that's 50 blocks to edit. Using parameters and calling the same block each time means only one block to change. All the exercises are to expose you to whats available in S7 - there is a lot and I don't see any point in confusing the issue with changing to different applications at present.

Supervisor may be the wrong phrase - whatever name you can come up with for a block that calls all the roller door blocks will do.

The purpose of the last change is to fix the location of the door positions in defined marker words instead of them (possibly) moving around inside the instance DB.

Last edited:
All the exercises are to expose you to whats available in S7 - there is a lot and I don't see any point in confusing the issue with changing to different applications at present.

I didnt mean change the application, I ment an example of the situation we would program in this way for each example you are setting me. My apologies if I was unclear. Il be glad to let you know all roller doors are now working and simulating. 🍻

When I called FB3 in OB1 should of I created a new DB?