Hardware configuration inside PLC code???

meelman

Hello,

Is it possible to find out hardware configuration of your current project inside PLC. We are talking about Siemens PLC, project built in Tia or Simatic.

I mean to store inside data block nomber of DI, DO, AI, AO modules?

Which CPU, what is the firmware version and which TIA version?

If you have the original program then yes you will be able see the hardware configuration. If not then then depending on the CPU, firmware version and TIA you may be able to upload the hardware configuration.

Not sure what the second question is. Perhaps you may rephrase the question.

Which CPU, what is the firmware version and which TIA version?

If you have the original program then yes you will be able see the hardware configuration. If not then then depending on the CPU, firmware version and TIA you may be able to upload the hardware configuration.

Not sure what the second question is. Perhaps you may rephrase the question.

I have original project. There is no second question. My question was is it possible to read maybe inside some diagnostic OBs or something like that hardware configuration, so I can store it in DB, and eventually show on HMI

I believe you can get quite a bit of information directly from the program. Something with the GEO functions usually allow you to. I remember reading this before to essentially automate the ranges in the scaling block, but didn't get time to implement or dig further.

I don't know of instructions to do that, I will do a bit of research when I have time. As the hardware configuration is not going to change at runtime you may create a DB and fill it with the information you want.

I believe you can get quite a bit of information directly from the program. Something with the GEO functions usually allow you to. I remember reading this before to essentially automate the ranges in the scaling block, but didn't get time to implement or dig further.

Haven't heard of GEO functions before.

I don't know of instructions to do that, I will do a bit of research when I have time. As the hardware configuration is not going to change at runtime you may create a DB and fill it with the information you want.

Yes, that's my alternative solution, but I would like to skip it if it is possible.
I felt somehow that some of the OBs would contained these info

If you share with us there may be a different way accomplishing what you are trying to do and still achieve your end result :confused: