HMI screens pictures and screen shots

Archie, that is making to easy on them! It is a good Idea. There is a lot you could do with a screen like that
I've been tossing around the idea of a "live" troubleshooting manual for a while. This machine will be the first in-depth implementation. My goal is to make a machine that can be serviced by a non-trained maintenance person.

We are dabbling with integrating videos into our HMIs. Videos may be easier to create than elaborate pictures.
I like the idea of videos and have considered them, but they lack the ability to indicate the live status, such as when the PLC is trying to pull in a contactor or what analog voltage the PLC is trying to send.

The drawings I use are already part of a panel layout drawing, so it's actually less time for me make the troubleshoot drawings than to shoot and edit videos.

I may make videos for training operators on running the machine. Then make those videos available on the HMI.

I like the idea of videos and have considered them, but they lack the ability to indicate the live status, such as when the PLC is trying to pull in a contactor or what analog voltage the PLC is trying to send.
So that picture you posted is actually live with status of what the various PLC I/O do ?
I have to say that it sounds great, but also sounds as a lot of work.

On your standard machines I have elaborate visualizations of the status of solenoids, sensors, motors, transmitters.
But that is "only" from the process perspective, not from inside the control panel.

So that picture you posted is actually live with status of what the various PLC I/O do ?
I have to say that it sounds great, but also sounds as a lot of work.
That particular screen has 3 live indicators, output to contactor, input from DC power supply, and the 0-10v analog output that shows on the meter.

Small project I just finished.

C:\Dropbox\MCS_Archive\Victor Allen\Wicked Joe\Three barrel sample roaster

Main.jpg Trend.jpg

These are the latest updated screens for my project about to start next week. I took some of the previous suggestions and re-worked the original screens to improve the readability. There tends to be big difference in readability between the runtime simulator and the actual screen.

Rich

auto_screen.jpg hand_screen.jpg

My problem is adding the valve faceplate onto the mimic in the 1st place

Cheers