HMI screens pictures and screen shots

Tark Nice clean screens! The colors are perfect.

Tark is clearly following guidelines found in the "High Performance HMI Handbook" amazon link.

I have read it and have tried to incorporate many of it's concepts, however we have standards in our company that are hard to break...politics. Interestingly I saw it laying on my boss's desk the other day.

Yes, I have read the book too. The first HMI I did using what I learned from the book got a few complements.

The rational to Red=Running and Green=Stopped is, (Red) warning this is running and could cause injury, (Green) device is ready to go. I Personally don't favor with this logic and prefer Green=Running and Red=Stopped.

Here are some HMI images I'm working on. White=Running, Gray=Stopped, Blue=Process Variable, Green=Setpoint Variable, Red Square=Alarm, Orange Triangle=Not In Auto.
I like your screens.

Nice screens, ours are very similar but a little bit more fancy, per request from the client.

Hoved.jpg Brenner.jpg

This is a manual OP maintenance screen on a Red Lion G15 for a robot weld cell. I need to cram 4 more analog inputs on it from the G15. Think it's too busy?

SERVOSCREEN_zps38e1df5c.png

With all those spares on the screen I'm sure you can make room. Out of curiosity. Why so many spares on screen? I mean it's great for expandability. But it kind of distracts the operator with useless information. That's kind of a no no I thought.

Last edited:
I post all of the I/O on the screens so they know what is available should they have to swap something. I make all of the spares Yellow so they don't need to pay attention to them. Everyone Loves this, so far.

There are actually 5 PLC's on this project, but only showing one screen for now. I'm utilizing a bit of hard wired stuff, and a bunch of gateways thru the Red Lion between the processors. Works Great!

I was a tad nervous the first time using gateway blocks, but they work perfect. The I/O from the Graphite works flawless.

If you did not recognize, this is a saved image from being online with the web server.

Last edited:
Well if your operators love it then that's all that matters as they use the screen all the time.

Well if your operators love it then that's all that matters as they use the screen all the time.

I think it's about giving people info. at a quick glance so they know what's up.

The operators actually have no access to the screen. Has a Hoffman gizmo cover with a key over the G15.

Pretty much every operator (button) on the screens, you need to have a key for the A-B switch to make the buttons work.

Operator only has the left and right Opto, plus an E-Stop. They let go too early during an index, well, someone with a pair of keys has to show up. They keep loosing their keys šŸ™ƒ

Oh so it's kinda like a maintenance screen. that is a Different story.

Operator screen is totally different. Has pictures, and not many speak English.

Been doing stuff at this factory for a while and they understand the global colors of Red, Yellow, Green.

Say HI to someone and they might take it offensively.