How to search Simens S7 for an address?

antsrealm

High I am fairly new on siemens S7 and have a breakdown with a machine that is referencing a tag called DB50.DBB256

how can I search the whole project to see where that tag is being written to?

At the moment I am only able to search the page I have open and nothing else.

Thanks,

Right click the tag in your ladder window, select Goto from the menu and then Local Application. On the pop-up that appears tick the box that says Overlapping access to memory areas. Everywhere the address is used in your plc program should now be listed.

Right click the tag in your ladder window, select Goto from the menu and then Local Application. On the pop-up that appears tick the box that says Overlapping access to memory areas. Everywhere the address is used in your plc program should now be listed.

Can I right click it in the Data Block?

you can right click on any tag in your ladder window and do the same as I described before but then overwrite the tag name to the one you're looking for in the address box at the top of the pop up and refresh the search by clicking the display button.

you can right click on any tag in your ladder window and do the same as I described before but then overwrite the tag name to the one you're looking for in the address box at the top of the pop up and refresh the search by clicking the display button.

Yeah thanks, that's exactly what I did :) You saved me with that one.

On another note once I found the ladder that was writing to that tag I couldn't go into monitor mode and asked me if I wanted to download it onto the CPU. Is there a way of uploading that FC onto the laptop rather then overwriting what's on the PLC?

Looked like someone had made a change at some stage and not put the file back on the server.

Thanks.

On another note once I found the ladder that was writing to that tag I couldn't go into monitor mode and asked me if I wanted to download it onto the CPU. Is there a way of uploading that FC onto the laptop rather then overwriting what's on the PLC?
Better: Do an online/offline compare of the block in question.
If the compare result is that only the timestamp is different, then download the offline block.
If the compare result is that also the code is different, then use the "go to .." button to examine what has changed. Decide if you want to discard the online difference, or implement the online difference in the offline block. If you do the latter, then implement the difference offline manually. If you just mindlessly upload, you risk losing comments and symbols, or the comments may become misaligned with the code.