IEC 81346 standard and Wire naming

Prince

One of my fellows encountered a panel in which IEC 81346 standard was used for component naming. The customer has problems when they want to maintain the panel. The staff is used to the old system of wire naming. So they want to set names for the wires too. They asked me whether there is a compliant standard to 81346 for wire naming?

I told them that I will ask friends who know the standard better than me.

Hello, friends! :)

First off, I know it isn't what you wanna hear, is suggest they train their staff in the 81346 standard. They are only going to see more things using the standard not less.

I believe the standard is kinda mute on the subject only that they wires need to be identifiable.

From what I know is wiring can be designated the same as any component. For example they could just start numbering from -W100 to -W101, etc. or use the page/rung number to help identify, such as -W410 could be the first wire on rung 41 or the tenth wire on page 4. Whatever the manufacturer selects.

Hopefully, someone more versed will be able to give you better details.