Inexpensive SCADA that has Modbus TCP/IP?

FNC

I am looking for an inexpensive SCADA sw that can read Modbus TCP/IP.

I do not need fancy graphics. I do, however, need datalogging for 30 to 40 tags and some trending capability.

Is there anything off the sheld for a reasonable price??

I am sure the open source tools exist to do all of that, but the labor to put them together has value that is dependent on the context.

Then there are other open source packages, which may have everything desired, and which The Google can find e.g. see here: https://modbusscope.readthedocs.io/en/stable/index.html

Something like Ignition may seem expensive in comparison to free software, but there is also a saying: I cannot afford free software.

Sorry to question the question, but please define expensive and what the labor costs are.
https://modbusscope.readthedocs.io/en/stable/index.html

I am sure the open source tools exist to do all of that, but the labor to put them together has value that is dependent on the context.

Then there are other open source packages, which may have everything desired, and which The Google can find e.g. see here: https://modbusscope.readthedocs.io/en/stable/index.html

Something like Ignition may seem expensive in comparison to free software, but there is also a saying: I cannot afford free software.

Sorry to question the question, but please define expensive and what the labor costs are.

I fully agree with this by the way, hence why I don't consider NodeRed and other tools off the shelf. Also why other than for temporary investigation I would not allow them on systems I manage. Yes, I may be able to work on them, but I would not be doing my job allowing the company to run on them.

+1 for Ignition. You may be able to get away with just an Ignition Edge installation depending on your specific trending and datalogging needs, and that's very cost competitive.

Even a full blown license is still relatively cheap if you get a single-session license. And all of the training is online and free and generally pretty good.

I do not need fancy graphics. I do, however, need datalogging for 30 to 40 tags and some trending capability.

AdvancedHMI is somewhat capable, probably a steep learning curve that will eat into the savings. AHMI trending is poor, but datalogging is OK.

Ignition might work for you, single client or even edge. Probably cheaper alternatives, but not near as good.

Maybe this is helpful -

https://igss.schneider-electric.com/download/

I was told that IGSS is free and with full functionality for upto 50 tags but I have not used it personally.

Ignition EDGE license will cost 1500 USD

There is no limit on the number of tags but the data saved is maximum of 1 week = 7 days
it does not support database connections, Scripting is done in Python

Last edited:
VTScada Light is free and has a limit of 50 I/O tags, not sure what the datalogging is like for the free version though.

Our stuff is around $1100. We will assist in configuring the free trial version so you can try it before you buy it if you have Teamviewer.

corsairhmi.com

PM me for more details if you are interested.

Another vote for Ignition Edge, if you have 2 or less devices (Modbus Masters) and can live with the up to one week's trending