Intouch Tag Updating Problem

ThePortLion

Hi

I am using Wonderware Intouch 7.1 and have been for quite
a while. Recently I have been having problems with my
application after installing it on new Lenovo desktop pc's.
The application has been running on several other (NT,XP,2000)
machines for years now.
There is a button which, on key down, loads a series of
values from an excel file in .csv format to tags in InTouch.
It's a fairly simple piece of scripting. The excel file resides
in a recipe folder inside the application folder. I am pointing
into the recipe folder and using "RecipeSelectRecipe" and
"RecipeLoad" commands to grab the data.
The problem is I cannot get this script to execute on the new machines. I installed whatever patches were required after
I installed Wonderware. I have tried everything I can think of
so maybe someone has experienced this before.

Thanks in advance.

You didn't mention what Operating System your new PC's are using....

. -

What error code is the RecipeSelect and RecipeLoad function returning? If you aren't calling it with an errorcode, change your script to do so...Something like:

MemoryIntTag = RecipeLoad(blah, blah)

Then evaluate the value of MemoryIntTag

The MemoryInt is not returning anything (0). On the pc's that work it returns a value of (-9).
It executes the first couple of lines of script but ignores
or does'nt recognise the recipe commands i think.

An errorcode value of 0 is good - it means that the called recipe function executed correctly.

An errorcode value of -9 is bad - it means that the recipe name was not found in the recipe template file.

A useful tool to use when trouble shooting is the LogMessage() function. This is used to write a time-stamped message/tag value to your WW logger from within a script. By adding this at strategic places throughout your script you can get an idea of what is working and what isn't. Don't forget to remove them when you're finished.

When you said that you applied all the necessary patches, did that include running of the Intouch OS Configuration Utility?

.... .....