Job Market - Humor or Reality

Pierre:

Don't weld anymore. Kept melting the plastic. I tried superglue, but the plastic wouldn't stick to the subpanel.

Mike:

Over 300 layed off at the local, sitting around.

I wouldn't be surprised if 25-40% of the jobs downstate (read Out Of Chicago) are Temp to Hire.

I was talking to a headhunter today who asked if I wanted temp or permanent. I said it didn't matter, there are no permanent jobs anymore!

Overall, business seems to be picking up nationwide.

I told one headhunter today about posting a job here on plcs.net, he didn't think he could find a plc programmer here. What better place to find one?

regards.....casey

Casey,

That headhunters crazy! I wish I worked with some programmers that have exhibited the level of knowledge that I've witnessed on this forum, some of the programmers I know (including myself, but, I'm still a beginner) take a few days to rack up 20 or 30 rungs of logic!

Re: Contact Info

kc9ih said:

<snip>
And testsubject is just a short drive away, we could slip up while he is at school or work, and raid his beer cooler!

<snip>

I have been wondering why all my beer has been disappearing!! I owe all my daughter's friends an appology...;)

Bob

You guys are going about it all wrong.
Johnny on the NET everyone is a millionaire.

Y'all gots ta learn ta be a redneck.
These figures are higher than actual, except food.
1. Own home...paid in full taxes 180 a yr.
2. Power 1800 yr
3. Gas 1800 yr
4. Water/Sewer 1800 yr
5. FOOD (beer not included) 6000 yr
6. Car tags and gas 1800 yr
7. Phone 500 yr

There is more but some of that aint essential. As it stands anything over 15K or so and its found money. Ifn I was to go back ta making that 80-100k the gov'ment would just take most of it. The stress and strain aint worth it.

I aint intrested in going back to training people like the elevator poster and then they become the boss. I aint killin myself no more. I aint on nor will be on gov'ment relief...like the gov'ment gonna give ya some relief.

We gots a home, food on the table, good church, and the family is all together. What more can a person want.

No I aint gots no cars on blocks in my yard.

Another Opportunity

Found this in this weeks Sunday paper.

Currently accepting applications for up to three (3) seasonal laborers (Traffic Electricians) within the Engineering Department. Responsibilities will vary and may include but are not limited to - the preparation and scanning of documents and maintaining digital records, data entry, field inspection work, utility locates and other miscellaneous duties. Must have computer knowledge, knowledge of CAD desired. Hours are flexible. Mon. - Fri., around 40 hours per week. $8.00/hr A application must be completed in order to be considered. Applications must be sent no later than Wednesday, February 23, 2005.

Does it get any better?

Re: Another Opportunity

Found on Monster
Incredible position available in stable manufacturing company that has urgent need for a electrical engineer. Position offers full time work, full benefits and consistant work. Ideal candidate will have 4 year college degree, BSEE preferred or equivalent in practical and specialized training, be familiar w/ mfg and production enviroment to design, program, and manage control systems for packaging OEM. 5+ years exp w/ PLC, Multi-axiss Servos, SCADA, HMI,MMI,AC and DC drive, Electronics, Pneumatics, and Photoelectric developement. Customer Communication skills and AutoCad/Pro/E skills a plus. Experience with Siemens and Allen Bradley hardware preferred. Qualified candidates should submit their word formatted resume to dfoster@act- for immediate consideration. This is a current need that needs to be filled ASAP

This is in CA and pays.... 35k to 50k ?!

... this is depressing... BSEE with exp for 50k?! Maybe we should hire a charter plane and head for Australia.