Kinetix 5700 Networking Issue

Hey VoteCoffee - we were using Ntrons, and had to move away from them due to CipSync issues, we have eventually settled on PlanetTechUSA as they are gigabit, managed and support CipSync. Even Had the AB guys at our office for a test of one to verify it supported CipSync.

One of the big issues I run into is that if the PLC can see a grandmaster clock that the drives cannot, then it refuses to be the master clock for the drive.

I found out that on a dual port PLC, you can individually enable and disable cip sync for the port using a message instruction. This allows you to create a local cip sync network for motion that is isolated from the broader network.
Seems like an ideal way to create local time sync isolation without having to add an expensive switch with cip sync capabilities to act as a boundary clock.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1043706
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1028845

Hi, folks!
If the question are actual, A-B made firmware 11.003 and fix annoying connection problem. You just need to update your Kinetix drive.