Locating Outputs in Siemens Step7

Disciple

Lifetime Supporting Member
Using Siemens Simatic Manager Step7 Version 5.5.
How do I Locate a Particular Output,(000136),without going thru EVERY FB/DB. Already Verified it is Present in the Symbol Editor,(Q 13.6).
Thank You

Using Siemens Simatic Manager Step7 Version 5.5.
How do I Locate a Particular Output,(000136),without going thru EVERY FB/DB. Already Verified it is Present in the Symbol Editor,(Q 13.6).
Thank You

Use the Go To Location Function,

"Click" on an address and then You open this dialog box using the menu command Edit > Go To > Location or by using the right mouse button.
Type in the address (Q 13.6) into the address field and press Display

goto.jpg

Last edited:
I updated & regenrated cross references and it still prompts the error, "No cross reference can be displayed for the selected address. The address I'm right clicking is just some random address in a random FB because I don't know which FB to Access.Siemens is Fun, this is the Learning Curve.

I updated & regenrated cross references and it still prompts the error, "No cross reference can be displayed for the selected address. The address I'm right clicking is just some random address in a random FB because I don't know which FB to Access.Siemens is Fun, this is the Learning Curve.

Yes any input or output - as shown in my first image.
Is there a number displayed with your error message?

Should I just go thru the FB/DB. there are quite a few. Ive worked with Allen Bradley so I Expected the Learning Curve. Should I start with FB or DB

Should I just go thru the FB/DB. there are quite a few. Ive worked with Allen Bradley so I Expected the Learning Curve. Should I start with FB or DB

can you post a screen shot of the error when it occurs - including the Go To Location "window"??

Are you right clicking on an Input or Output address?

I only get the error message when I right click on a "Temp:" variable!!

Last edited:
I want to upgrade my membership so I can attach files, the error is defined as :
"cross references cannot be displayed for invalid addresses in the local data area".
It does this for any FB address that I have tried( I havent tried them all :), But thats where Im headed. I will be upgrading my membership to support the site, Im just at work right now and well you know how us kind love the work...

I want to upgrade my membership so I can attach files, the error is defined as :
"cross references cannot be displayed for invalid addresses in the local data area".
It does this for any FB address that I have tried( I havent tried them all :), But thats where Im headed. I will be upgrading my membership to support the site, Im just at work right now and well you know how us kind love the work...

You are trying to cross reference a Temp: variable (Local data), Open another block and try on an Input (I), Output (Q) or Marker(M)
Alternatively follow this - to display the entire X-Ref

data.jpg

Last edited:
New Question:
None of the I/O has Absolute Addressing within the FB. The symbolic addressing is there. I use View>Display with>Symbolic Representation to see the Symbolic Rep. How do I see the Absolute Addressing.
FYI: I've been working with Siemens NOW for around 4-5 days, since I got my License Key for Step7 Version 5.5.
Little Steps:)Appreciate the Shoulder to Lean,(Cry) on!!