Locating Outputs in Siemens Step7

when I go back to post #14 I get a
"Should the reference data be updated or regenerated or both?"
Also Ive went thru 20 FB and they are all with the # in front of the Instruction/s.
Don't give up on me now , your doing great!!

Regenerated.

When this has been done it should finish and open up the x-ref window. If asked then select "Cross references.

xref.jpg

After about 30 FB's, I have located my Output in FB217. This still doesnt resolve the issue I have with PROMPTLY locating I/O.
The Hunt Continues

After about 30 FB's, I have located my Output in FB217. This still doesnt resolve the issue I have with PROMPTLY locating I/O.
The Hunt Continues

As stated before you are confusing PLC Inputs and Outputs with the FB IN and OUT parameters.

Have sent you a pm

Make that 2 Beers. I now can click on any FB and
Options>reference data>cross reference and Voila!! I/O Addressing.
Hail the moggie.
I will try to educate myself about FB IN & OUT Parameters.
Thanx again

Make that 2 Beers. I now can click on any FB and
Options>reference data>cross reference and Voila!! I/O Addressing.
Hail the moggie.
I will try to educate myself about FB IN & OUT Parameters.
Thanx again

Look for a book "Automating with Step 7" by Hans Berger