Long distance beam sensor

darrenj

Does anyone know of a beam type sensor that will work over long distances? I am looking to sound an alarm if anyone tries to stack a rack over a certain hight. The rack is about 150' long so i am looking for a transmitter at one rend and a reciver at the other..the other option i could use is a cable type system...but was wondering if you guys know of a sensor (such as a lazer) that works across that kind of distance??

Thanks

Darren

AB also has a laser based send recieve pair that has a range greater than 300'. I'll look around to see if I can find the details.

The Banners are a great long range unit. We have used them for a jam-up detection on our sorting bins that are as long as the distance you require. The whole electrical department swears by them now. Easy to line up also.

mordred said:
Banner multi beam model sbex and sbrx1 sensing distance 200m high power long range senser should suit your needs you should be able to find the specs at www.bannerengineering .com

Done and Done!...thanks...we use banner at theplant as well, as you say great for washdown..

i will admit i figured they would be way more expensive than they were..

thanks

Darren

darrenj said:
i will admit i figured they would be way more expensive than they were..

Try the Sick Sensor I`m installing and using it in all my project for the past 4 years. And no problem in different application.

By the way I`m also using Banner Sensors

Regards:

Sherwin