MAD42 (Omron) not reading 0-10V

Kayle

Hey guys, first time posting here.

I am having trouble reading a 0-10V input into the MAD42 module on the Omron PLC. I have already switched the jumpers to all voltage reading, changed the I/O Table for the voltage to be 0-10V, and set the inputs to enable. I made sure that the I/O was downloaded on to the PLC because I did it incorrectly the first time and knocked the PLC off the network for an hour or two.

I do get a reading from the module by using the address of 2005-2008, however, it caps out at 5V. After that, the value doesn't change.

Thanks for reading,
Kayle

Check the contents of D20001. It should be 550x hex for 0-10 volts. x is the setting for the two outputs, same format as the inputs.

Ok, after many hours, I finally figured it out. I would explain just in case anybody else has this problem.

When looking at the settings of the module, I assumed that transferring the I/O table and Unit Setup when using the PLC transfer tool would bring over the settings. This is not the case, you have to transfer the new settings within the module settings. So basically, click on the button highlighted on the attached image.

I feel a little silly for missing such a thing. Though it has nothing to do with what Mendonsy said, I would like to thank you anyway for taking the time suggest a solution.

MAD42 Unit.png

Yep, you definitely have to transfer the settings!! And a lot of settings require a power cycle to take effect also! I can't even count the number of times that I have had to back up and redo that.

I have gotten in the habit of writing an initialize routine for all the module settings that runs once at power up to set them. It's a PAIN but it never fails to work. It is a bit tricky the first time you do it, but once you have done then it you have a module you can copy and just modify the necessary settings.