Micrologix 1000 upgrading

amihan1970

Hi there, my micrologix 1000 is 1761-L16AWA. Is there a possibility that I can add an analog module(4-20mA)?if its possible can you give the equipt. model?thanks

The simple answer is no

Welcome back to the forum. I'm glad to hear you are getting some use from that surplus controller.

This is the "practice posting" section; you will get better results in the main forum.

The MicroLogix 1000 controller is not expandable and you have one of the smaller units that does not have analog I/O.

There are larger MicroLogix 1000 controllers that include some onboard analog channels, but even those controllers are not expandable. The MicroLogix 1100, 1200, 1400, and 1500 controllers all have expandable I/O.

Many years ago there were a couple of companies that built analog-to-frequency converters that could be connected to small PLCs that lacked analog I/O. The names Calex and SensorPulse come to mind.

But I do not think that can work with your 1761-L16AWA because it uses AC inputs, which because of the frequency of the alternating current signal cannot sense quickly enough to be used as accurate frequency counters.

So the simple answer is that no, you cannot add analog inputs to your 1761-L16AWA MicroLogix 1000 controller.