Micrologix 1000

Well u know Micky , I think the SCADA server is still running in the background and the only thing I should do is to use other PC and try to connect to PLC. But for urgument sake , if this is the case, how can i keep my SCADA and RSlinx on the same PC??

Lynn, unfortunatly, I don't have any other cable.However, I checked my continuity on cable pinout and every thing seems ok

I had trouble a couple times... didn't sound exactly like what you had, mine showed com port conflict in the configure drivers window in RSLinx..but...might work... did for me... not that hard to do.

turn off everything else.

Get in Settings > Control panel > system > hardware> device manager > right click Com 1..... uninstall COM1.

I don't know if you are comfortable with that or not. I wasn't, but it's fine... it's no big deal. It'll re-install when you restart your computer.

Upon restarting your computer go directly to RsLinx and try to communicate with the Micrologix...

Last edited:
RSLinx runs as a service by default. But it can be shutdown or configured to not run as a service. Look under launch control and uncheck always run as a service. This may be why your SCADA software does not work.

You can't have two different comm drivers trying to use the same port.

Some SCADA software use RSLinx to communicate with the PLC if this were the case then you could run the SCADA software and RSLogix at the same time. You would need a licenced version of RSLinx for this though.

realolman , I think I had the SCADA channel the same for RSlinx and that's what causing the problem , but SCADA is off now though!!

LOL.... this is why I did not jump in before 🤾

See Mickey's quote above
You can't have two different comm drivers trying to use the same port.

I will bet dinner that this is the issue

Last edited:
Micky , I use EXserverPX driver in SCADA to comm.with PLC and it has the same port of RSlinx...mind you I had trouble to establish the connection with PLC using ExserverPX even when Rslinx off and I couldn't get any interact between SCADA and PLC