Micrologix 1000

Micky , first; how did get into launch control??? and second; I dont have COM2 showing in my system hardwear.How can I make one???

Micky, I used another PC to work on my ML1000 and still showing me the same message"failed to find baud and parity!" ....do u think the PLC memory damaged or locked out???

I don't see how you can damage the memory by just trying to communicate with it. But all things are possible. Give us a snap shot of your RSLinx configuration on the new PC.
You have never answered the question about a real serial port or a USB to serial adapter. What are you using?

What do the status led's show on the processor?

Last edited:
Micky, I am using a real seial COM1 which I can see it on my system hardware.The same message i used to get on this computer "faild to find baud or parity" and I noticed the same message I get when unplugged the PC from power,sound like i am not getting any recieving bits from the PLC .Only the power light is on the PLC now...

Autoconfigure SHOULD change the setting for you but try setting them manually and see what happens when you then click autoconfigure.

See setting below:

Device: SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView
Baud Rate: 9600
Parity: none
Stop Bits: 1
Error Checking: CRC
Protocol: Full Duplex

If this does not work then double check cable again. After that???

Micky,See this one after I tried to configure manualy and download a file.However, I checked the continuity starting from RS-232 port all the way down to the PC internal board pins.

2.jpg

Forget about RSLogix for the moment. Did RSLinx see the controller. Was autoconfigure successful after manual setting?

NO ...thats the problem ,the RSlinx can't comm. with the PLC whatever I change in my config. The autoconfig gives the same message I sent you before

Well unless someone else has another idea it sure looks like you may have a bad processor. It might be time to call AB support or you local rep for help. Sorry I'm plum out of ideas. It still may be something very simple but when your not there to touch and see first hand its just a guess.

Micky , tell me some thing ,is the processor has a BIOS program like PC? or the EEPROM take control of every thing when you download new program??I don't know ,it seems i have lost the base program in the memory and it doesn't response??