MicroLogix1400 (MSG) instruction

Mtech

Hello,
Well I'm back to my project that many of you have helped me with. The plc that I have is a ML1400. My goal was to message some data from a Controllogix (Logix5555) to the micrologix. As I was thing to teach myself how to setup a MSG message instruction I found nothing to allow a communication to a Controllogix processor. In fact I found nothing to setup ethernet comes except for SLC5/05. Does anyone have any experience or helpful thoughts.I need to message from the controllogix to the micro1400 over ethernet. The data being transferred will be 8 sets of floating type numbers. EX. of one set of numbers,105 or105.5 bla bla bla...Thanks in advance

Okay, you said that you're messaging from the ControlLogix to the MicroLogix 1400, so the ControlLogix will have the MSG instruction.

ControlLogix MSG instructions are fairly straightforward; you enter the target address in the normal target syntax. So if you're writing to a set of Floating-Point registers in the MicroLogix, the target address will be something like "F8:10".

The source will be an array of REAL elements in the ControlLogix, like "FloatDataToMicro[0]".

The basic message Path is "EthernetModule, 2, 192.168.1.10" where the IP address is the MicroLogix 1400 address.

The MSG instruction HELP file and the MSG instruction chapter in the ControlLogix Basic Instruction Set Reference should answer most of your questions about that instruction. Treat the MicroLogix 1400 target just like you would an SLC-5/05.