Mitsubishi GOT 1000 no longer responding

macgioo2

Hi Guys,

During a singular screen download my GOT 1000 appears to have died.

I can still see the main page but it shows no signs of life, it won't even switch between screens.

i have tried deleting and download the entire project again but I get nothing!

Have any of you guys come across this before?

Thanking you in advance.
Oran

What is the GOT model number, (complete). Is there a LED on the front? I believe if you look in the hardware manual there is a list of possible LED configurations for diagnostic purposes.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Hi Guys,

Ok so I have had no progress on this one and I'm worried it's a hardware problem. But to answer some of your questions.

The Led on the front is solid green.
I can access the Menu and go through the GOT settings.
I can ping the PLC, and both HMI Panels.
If have downloaded the entire project again including the operating system.
I have disconnected the second HMI and reset from behind the panel to see if there is a problem there.

Sorry I forgot to take the exact model number but it's somewhere in the region of GT1575!!??

Any thing else you guys can add would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Oran

Has the light bulb gone. On early models they had a flourescent tube in the back that lit up the screen. You can open it up and you will see it. Make that Very early Models.

Last edited:
Has the light bulb gone. On early models they had a flourescent tube in the back that lit up the screen. You can open it up and you will see it.

He said he can see the main screen and get to the utility menu so I don't think it is the backlight. The solid green led on the front indicates no problem.

I would do a complete download of the boot OS and core OS as well as the project again and see if that changes anything.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately the file is too big to post. I will give the complete download another try.

It does seem like a hardware failure.... perhaps the graphics card has died.

I've never been a fan of this platform...... and even less now!

Do any of the HMI goto screen buttons work (if you have any)? or is this just related to PLC control functions.

If the latter
Have you tried going into the utility screen (Press top left & top right of screen together)? Navigate to the communication setup make sure the active +5volt is checked. It needs this for the RS232 to RS485 convertion to speak to the PLC.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm afraid none of the goto screen buttons work, except for the log-in button i use for extended operations. But even when this pop-up occurs, it will not accept the password. Perhaps a comms driver issue??

It may possibly be a touchscreen failure, there is a function somewhere in the utility screens to calibrate the touch screen, you could try that to confirm the touch function is ok.

Steve

Hi guys,

I wanted to give you an update as I have managed to restore the unit.

After much downloading of the project and OS with no success. I created a brand new project with a two screens and a few objects and reconfigured all the communication settings and done a fresh download.

Surprisingly, this worked! I then downloaded the original project minus any configuration settings and it was successful.

I'm guessing there is something in the setting configuration that caused this, but I'm unsure exactly what, as the problem occurred during a single screen download.

Anyway, problem solved! Thank you everyone for your input.

One last question, I have two HMI panels, and if I press a goto screen button on one, the action occurs on both. What do I need to set to allow them to work independently?

Thanks,
Odhran