Mitsubishi HELP!

Griswald

G
Hi Everyone, apologies for this post but i am getting desperate now!
I have a Mitsubishi FX0s-10mr-es Plc and Medoc Ver2.4 but i don't have a clue how to view the program on my pc! I have searched everywhere for a definitive answer as to which cable i need but nobody seems to know for sure, apart from SC09 which costs too much for my skinflint company to afford! Can anyone help me out please!

you need a cable to talk to the plc so you can extract the program!!!

You may be able to find one on e-bay but otherwise you must say to you 'skinflint' company "This cable is absolutely necessary to talk from a PC to this PLC. Do you want to connect to it or not?"

Personally, I wouldnt dream of making my own cable if it had a protocol convertor in it. (made plenty with straight through connections though)

I've seen the drawings for the 'make your own' SC09 cable and read that it works. It might be so - but you are adding unknown and human elements into making this cable.
What happens if it blows the PLC or your computer. Who pays for the repairs, the downtime, the new plc, the new programming. All because you got one wire wrong.
What about the potential damage to your reputation; you came along, plugged in and now nothing works and its costing a lot to get back where you were.
Buy an SC09!

Sco9

Compare the cost of a cable if required to find a fault to the cost of an engineer to vist to repair the fault. Thats how I had my company purchase this cable for me. The pay back will speek for it self.

Thanks!

Thanks for your help everyone! I got an sc-09 off Ebay for ÂŁ70 and it all works fine now! My new problem is trying to get Medoc to print the program in Ladder format? Has anyone else had a problem with this?

I print by printing to file 1st then using notepad to open the file. print it from there!!!