Motion drives starting and stopping

userxyz

I have a question about motion drives.

Let's say we have 3 handling systems with motion drives on them. Controlled by a stepping program in a PLC.

When staying in automatic mode the brakes are open. When changing to manual mode, the brakes close. This is okay for me. When moving a motor manually, the brake opens as long as we move.

Al good.

But how should we handle this:

When the machine is producing everything works with statusbits. When a motor cam in position, a flag is set. This flag is needed in the stepprogram of the PLC.
When the motor stopped for some reason before it became in it's right position, then the flag didn't bacame high. When we restart the machine, it will continu with positioning until the flag is set. Once the flag is set, and we move manually then..., after restarting the machine, the drive will not be corrected to it's setvalue because the flag is allready being seen.

Other possibillities are:
if we restart, no matter where the motors are positioned, everything takes it's set position and all drives are correcting, I don't really like this one.

last one is that the machine asks if it may correct the motors where the SET is not equal to the ACT position.

How do you guys handle this ?