NATR for VNC on PVP1000???

PLC Pie Guy

Folks.
I have used 9300-ENA and 1783-NATR modules for PLC to plant network connections. PLC to PLC connections and the like.
I'm thinking it should work, but I'm wondering about using the NATR simply to look at 2 PanelViews via VNC.
I have a large oven with 3 PVP1000 aboard, 2 of them are on the machine network. Rather than move them over to the plant network, which would involve running cables and modifying the application slightly, could I simply put the NATR module somewhere on my machine network and translate 2 of the machine IPs to Plant IPs? I'm thinking if I were to set the private port IP as the gateway address for the PVP1000 it should work........ Maybeo_O

Thanks for any input given.

I’m assuming that the hmi’s go to a switch first. To answer your question, yes it should work. I have a couple systems that hook to the plant network via NATR. I have connected successfully via tight vnc to the hmi’s from the plant network. I do believe a custom rule needs to be setup in the NATR to allow the vnc to connect. I’ll see if I can find what I did to make it work. I think I have a screen shot somewhere.

If I remember correctly you also need to add a rule for port 5900 to pass VNC traffic in the NATR. But it is while ago I worked with those things.

In regards to gateway address. You need to set the gateway address on your devices on the private side (pvp) to whatever the private side ip address of the NATR is.