Need help on Citect

raul_vaze

Can anybody please provide me help on citect by some demo examples so that i may be able to learn citect . How to use VBA in Citect and what is cicode functions and where can i find it and how to use them . I am really confused

I wouldnt use Citect VBA if you dont have to, just use Cicode, its better supported withing Citect and is well documented

What are you trying to write code to do ?

There are sample and example projects that come with Citect. Have a look in there.

Also print out the documentation - the help is excellent and extensive.

tragically1969 said:
I wouldnt use Citect VBA if you dont have to, just use Cicode, its better supported withing Citect and is well documented

What are you trying to write code to do ?
Where to find information for Cicode ?

You should be able to find a Cicode programming reference in the Citect CD. You can always refer to the online help, which is usally quite helpful. If you can't find the manuals, send me your email id and i will mail it to you.

raul_vaze said:
Where to find information for Cicode ?

Are you serious, come on, help us help you !!!

Open Citect, open the Cicode editor, go to the help menu perhaps ?

As also suggested look at the CSV_Include project, there is lots of samples of Cicode in there, have you doen this ?

Have a read of all the documentation, have a play with it then when you have specific questions come back to us ?

hi thanks for help . Now i have micrologix 1100(working on ENET) to communicate with Citect . I also did what is explained in the manual for communication set up and also as mentioned in special option(ports section) i did put things as mentioned but still was not able to communicate. Can u pls tell me where i am wrong

Contact Citect support and get a CSR number. Send them your project and they will help.

I have never had a problem with the ABMLX driver and an 1100. Did you follow the ABMLX help file? (ABMLX.chm in the bin directory)

Last edited:
ya i followed the ABMLX.chm file in the bin directory.I tried all the methods but all in vain. I had read that if u are using Citect in demo version then after 21 days communication doesnt really happen and it shows #COM ? Is it because of it

Raul,

Is there anything else on the network trying to access the ML1100 ethernet port while the Citect is running ? I have had problems with too many devices trying to "talk" to the ML at once and preventing Citect from seeing it.
Tim.

raul_vaze said:
ya i followed the ABMLX.chm file in the bin directory.I tried all the methods but all in vain. I had read that if u are using Citect in demo version then after 21 days communication doesnt really happen and it shows #COM ? Is it because of it

Raul,
A couple of things
First off can you ping this micrologix 1100 from the Citect machine? i assume this would be the first thing you would have checked.
Next thing to check is are you reading just one bit from the Micrologix, if so make sure that the data file you are trying to read is at least 2 elements. i.e. if you are trying to read B3:0/0 make sure that the data file B3 in the micro is at least 2 words.
In your ini file add the following paramters
[ABMLXEIP]

DebugLevel=ALL

DebugCategory=ALL

Then have a look in your syslog.dat file for problems.

The only limitation on demo version is that it will only run for 15 minutes if you have physical I/O configured or 10 hours with no points.

From memory the limitation on Ethernet connections to the Micrologix 1100 is 15 (15in and 15 out). You can log onto the web concole to see how many connections are in use.

Yes tim i did check for the same . Only citect communicates with Micrologix . Is the port number(2222) needs to be added as explained for PLC-5 and other series. Is the port number the same or other coz i even tried with the same port number