new driver in rslinx won't work

I don't know what to tell you...
If there are no available Ethernet Type drivers it seems that Linx does not "like" what it "sees" within the TCP/UDP ports of the machine's NIC adapter; the Ethernet type driver needs Port 44818 open in "Unicast" mode and the EtheNet/IP driver needs Port 2222 in "Multicast" mode.
I'll get your IT department involved and ensure that the PC's connectivity is what it is supposed to be.
If this is not the case, then there are Registry issues with the Linx install; try deploying some extreme tool such as Windows Install Cleaner, uninstall everything related to RSLinx and then try a re-install.

Last edited:
Thanks,
I have thought about drilling down into registries and cleaning out the install and then starting over. We don't allow IT to touch our machines which is for the better. Thanks for the input.

Can help to get link to download software driver for Allen Bradley SLC 1747-PIC device

I don't believe you can get just the driver. It's part of RSLinx.

Not all versions of RSLinx have it though. What version do you have?

Does your PC/Laptop have a real serial port, that driver will not work without it. Also the newer windows operating systems will not support it.

Your best bet is to get a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)

See link...

https://www.plccable.com/allen-bradley-1747-uic-usb-to-dh485-usb-version-1747-pic-slc-500/