newbie trying to understand drum seq

I have never used the STOP instruction. As the manual says, this switches the PLC from RUN to Program (or Stop) mode. What were you trying to achieve?

If you want an input to control whether the outputs fire while the conditioning logic (timers etc) keep running then simply place a contact of that input in line with the output instruction for each ouput.

If you want the input to totally reset the logic to a point to before it started then monitor the input outside of any stages. When it goes to the state you want to stop the action then use that to RST (reset) all outputs and stages. Turn on an initial stage. In that stage wait for that input to go back to its original state.

If you post your current code we can show you haow this is implemented.

connect a reset switch to x1 input w/ a stop instruction in the program

I have never used the STOP instruction.

Thanks Bernie, I believe you are correct, that is what he is saying. Now I understand why he was concerned about having DS5 connected. I knew there was something I missed in his statement. There is no obvious need for that instruction in his program. Thanks