OT: Sludge conveyor

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
I know some of the board members have experience in the waste water treatment field.
I have an application where I need a conveyor to transfer sludge from one system to another. The conveyor needs to be about 17 feet long and around 6 feet wide, speed of about 10/12 feet per minute. The purpose of the conveyor is to allow excess water to drain between stations, so conveyor will have to have a belt and base that allows water drainage. An off the shelf solution would be ideal, but custom built is okay too. At the moment I'm just looking for a referral.

Prefer a vendor in the South Eastern U.S., but open to other locations as well.

thanks,

Ken

Serpentix and Hycor (now a division of Parkson) are two manufacturers that may have something for you.

Hayward is a large municipal rep firm with offices throughout the south east. I would expect them to represent products that might serve you as well.

I’d give these nice folks a call too ... Ashbrook Simon-Hartley ...

I just wrote an SLC program to retrofit the relay-based controls for a refurbished belt filter press that they made about 14 years ago ... they were EXTREMELY helpful and very pleasant to deal with over the phone ...

Right next door to you in Spartanburg. A company called Kusters Corporation. They have been building cutom sludge conveyors for awhile now.

Yes, your looking at the right company. Over the last few years, they have gotten into a lot of other industries. The person to contact there is Mike Harnesbeger, a friend of mine and their chief engineer. I just got of the phone with Mike and he told me it was mostly auger type sludge conveyors they build but could easily adapt to your needs. I told him that he may be expecting a call from you.

Mark