OT: Space Shuttle Grounded?

Rod said:
Mike,
I'm pretty sure all the tiles are unique. I held a reject once, about 8x10x1.25. Weighed maybe a 1/2 oz and was quite pourous except the surface was fairly smooth.

I'm wondering what if they discoverd a bunch of missing tiles on the leading edge of the wing or stabilizer? This would mean sure disaster. Is it too far fetched to have a Soyouz rescue capsule ready to launch? Or maybe an Atlas at the ready. Just payload the Atlas with the proper spare tiles?

Similar Topics

Here is a link to an article in Design news. It seems that the heaters used to prevent ice build up on the launch pad are controlled by PLC's. I...
Replies
Views
S7/TIA v18: Status Message "Insufficient memory space on the memory card"...... Hi, Please can anyone help me with this? I've been trying to...
Replies
Views
While installing many versions of Siemens Tia Portal (v18, v17, ...) on the same computer, we noticed that it takes too much space on its hard...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I hope we are all good today! I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can determine how much Storage (user storage)...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I am working with a CompactLogix, which communicates over Ethernet/IP with a pin marker. Basically, The PLC sends the texts to be...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom