OT: speed fabric gate

sczot

Hey, guys,

a few years ago I saw a fast fabric gate that we could find a use for today, but I can't find it in my email nor on Google...
It was a simple system that used an electric motor and chains to move the gate, there was a sort of light courtain at the bottom of the gate for safety (you can also see my very professional drawing attached).
I recall they were able to add a window to the fabric, even one good enough for laser applications.

By any chance, does anyone of you know what supplier im talking about (they was able to deliver to EU)

Thanks

gate.png

Ah.. I mis-read it, the light curtain or sensor is just to keep the door open while something goes through so the door does not close on it.
the word safety made me think of a light curtain for example entry into a machine;).

@parky,

I'm sure you've seen these doors installed in the UK too. The company I used were pretty big, but can't remember the name of them. :( They also had the automatic opening functionality where the induction sensor on the floor would detect a forklift truck and open the door automatically.

Also, if this automatic opening with forklift is installed, please, please, please, instruct and enforce the isolation of that function when using cherry pickers. People have died because of it.

@ Cardosocea: Yep seen many of them, the last place I worked they had about 20 of them some I think were mainly Hart, they had either a sensor above both sides of the door, an induction loop in the floor plus a block sensor across the door I believe they also had pneumatic pressure strip across the bottom as well as limits for up & down.

Oops, apparently I didn't express myself properly, sorry for the waste of time and thanks anyway.

These were much smaller (e.g. 1.5 m wide and 2 m high), used to enclose the working space of a single-purpose machine, so that the operator was isolated from the moving parts inside.

We now use a plexi gate on a pneumatic piston for this purpose, but due to the weight it takes about three seconds to go down and about five seconds to raise. The one I'm trying to remember/find was able to do the job in one second either way.