Panelview Plus 600 Reset to Defaults

JohnRatHolten

Hey all,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here....

I have an older AB Panelview Plus 600, 2711P-T6C20A, that I'm trying to reset to factory defaults.

By older, I mean that it doesn't match up to the description in the manual (RA Pub 2711P-um006),
The manual shows a procedure where (with a USB keyboard connected) you hold the Default switch
then press the Reset switch which takes you to the Maintenance Menu where you can navigate via the keyboard
to Restore Factory Defaults. And I have done this before on other PV's.

But, this PV does not have a Default switch that I can see (unless it's hidden under the back cover somewhere?).

Anyone out there have any info on this?

Regards
JohnR

The Default switch is on the side of the logic module. It is near the status LEDs and the CompactFlash/SD memory card. It is recessed with a narrow opening to access it with a thin non-metallic probe. It isn't meant to be easy to access.

OG

Last edited:
OG, thanks for the input, but that did not match what I have.
I also found an older manual, 2711P-UM001, which matches what you say, but this PV has no switches/slots/holes by the CF slot. and the status LED's are on the opposite end, and that is where the Reset button is.
I have popped the back cover off and find nothing.
This PV also does not have a field replaceable battery (and of course it tells me the battery is low).
So instead of trying to recycle this PV into a different project, perhaps it would be best in the recycle bin...