PowerFlex 750-Series Minimum Enclosure Volume?

Tip DS

Looking over the technical data for a PowerFlex 755 & noticed they specify a minimum enclosure volume for their drives:

(1)When using a circuit breaker or time-delay fuse with a drive installed in a ventilated enclosure, the enclosure volume must be greater than or equal to the minimum volume specified in this column.

(2)When using a Manual Self-Protected (Type E) Combination Motor Controller, the drive must be installed in a ventilated or non-ventilated enclosure with the minimum volume specified in this column.

Anybody know what this is all about? Why do they care about the enclosure size only when using fuse/circuit breakers AND only when that is done in a VENTILATED enclosure?? Is the first note completely inapplicable for an unventilated enclosure?! Why or why-not?

Do the minimum enclosure sizes multiply with the number of drives installed, or is it without regard to the number of drives installed?

Anything you guys can do to shed a little light on the reasoning behind these requirements would be greatly appreciated.