PV800 vs PVP 6 600 for basic machine HMI

JZerb

just wondering what the consensus was on the PV800 HMI's when mated to a Micrologix 1200 or 1400 to control a single machine, non integrated system. We currently use Panelview Plus 6 600's for everything and it seems as if at the price point for certain smaller applications the PV800's would fit the bill much better.

-I know that the PV800 is limited to 20 screens, which wont be an issue with smaller projects.

-I dont see where the PV800 can do any sort of data logging like the PVP6 600 can do and send the .csv file to an FTP server so that it can be pulled down from there. it seems they have the capability to data log "trend data" to a USB stick though.

-User Log In security requirements seem to be adequate in comparison to FTVS

-It seems the only way to get tag info from RSLogix 500 to CCW is by using the ASCII Tag Database Ecport Utility, which is a bit longer then how ive done it with the DB browser in FTVS but not the end of the world.

-Seems to have animations of buttons on the screen so that certain things will only appear when certain tags are set in the PLC.

is there anything glaring that im missing between these two HMI's? i dont want to spec one out for a job and then get hosed and not be able to have it do what i need to do. Thanks!

If you plan on moving to the Micro800 down the road, then yes get going with PV800.
PV800 was really designed to be used with Micro800 controllers.

PVP was designed to be used with (Control or Compact) Logix.

So, that leaves MicroLogix 1200, 1400 out in the dark; neither of the PanelViews work better with it. Maybe you don't have the time, but I would ask for a PV800 loaner to test some things out before you spec a project on it.

If you plan on moving to the Micro800 down the road, then yes get going with PV800.
PV800 was really designed to be used with Micro800 controllers.

PVP was designed to be used with (Control or Compact) Logix.

So, that leaves MicroLogix 1200, 1400 out in the dark; neither of the PanelViews work better with it. Maybe you don't have the time, but I would ask for a PV800 loaner to test some things out before you spec a project on it.

I was going to suggest getting a PV800 and seeing what it was capable of to the higher ups and it seems as if thats exactly where we are going to do. What i was also pondering was that if it would also be a better option for smaller projects to actually use that with a Micro800, which i have never used before. That way we have a lesser priced package and a more expensive package.