Red Lion: Flash to USB Memory

PeterW

First time user of Red Lion HMI's and so far everything has worked as per the manuals with exception to the Flash Memory.

The HMI is a G315C and programmed with Crimson 3.0. The flash card is part number G3CF256M.

I have set up some data logging for trends and also enabled event logging to CompactFlash.

I have enabled the USB and set up the transfer to copy Files and Folders, CompctFlash to Memory Stick, new and modified files only. I left source and destination as root (I have no idea of the paths on the compactFlash).

When I access via the web, I can get to the files and copy them to hard disk. But when a USB Memory stick is inserted to either of the two USB ports, nothing is transferred.

From the Link drop down, I can Format the Flash, but cannot mount the flash (this is greyed out).

My connection to the HMI is via ethernet.

Anyone have any suggestions, have I missed a tick box somewhere??

I'm not convinced the data is actually getting to the CompactMemory!!

First time user of Red Lion HMI's and so far everything has worked as per the manuals with exception to the Flash Memory.

The HMI is a G315C and programmed with Crimson 3.0. The flash card is part number G3CF256M.

I have set up some data logging for trends and also enabled event logging to CompactFlash.

I have enabled the USB and set up the transfer to copy Files and Folders, CompctFlash to Memory Stick, new and modified files only. I left source and destination as root (I have no idea of the paths on the compactFlash).

When I access via the web, I can get to the files and copy them to hard disk. But when a USB Memory stick is inserted to either of the two USB ports, nothing is transferred.

From the Link drop down, I can Format the Flash, but cannot mount the flash (this is greyed out).

My connection to the HMI is via ethernet.

Anyone have any suggestions, have I missed a tick box somewhere??

I'm not convinced the data is actually getting to the CompactMemory!!
If you carry a laptop out there and connect with a USB, I expect it will not be greyed out, and then you can mount the drive and browse it to verify your logs are indeed there. If you can Format the CF card the logging is most likely working. You can only mount the CF card when connected via USB.

I think there may be limitations on the USB "thumb" drive memory size and formatting though. A call to Red Lion would probably get to the heart of it quickly. There are commands that can be used to check the status of the CF card, free space, etc. I am not sure if similar/same commands can be used with USB memory.

Last edited: