Remote Control of valve on/off

bornwild

Dear all,

We would like to remotely turn off/on flow to many units for chilled water flow for a pipe size varying from DN 15 To Dn 32. Are there any cheap brass valves which will allow us to do so via gprs or lan. What would be the best solution for the same. We have around more than 1000 units where we would like to implement this. As of now ,we do it manually by closing the ball or gate valve. Waiting to here from the experts here.

Note:this is a commercial tower of 45 floors.

Dear all,

We would like to remotely turn off/on flow to many units for chilled water flow for a pipe size varying from DN 15 To Dn 32. Are there any cheap brass valves which will allow us to do so via gprs or lan. What would be the best solution for the same. We have around more than 1000 units where we would like to implement this. As of now ,we do it manually by closing the ball or gate valve. Waiting to here from the experts here.

Note:this is a commercial tower of 45 floors.

GPRS or LAN is a transmission system, not a protocol, what protocol and software system are you going to use to message them to open/close ?

Can you not just use a solenoid valve and design your system accordingly with remote I/O to be operated from a PLC or whatever PLC/BMS system you have on site ? What i mean is something like this:

https://www.bellflowsystems.co.uk/b...9jB6lOQFCKuFCUU8ewQb8WVnJfAMpkAm2tBoC5cnw_wcB

Last edited:
+1 for Johnson.

We have used el-torque for something similar (10 valves, not 1000) not long ago (maritime application)

CAN-bus or LON-bus should fit your bill too.