S5 135 U Eprom program back up

mate - bite the bullet and change it to a modern day PLC

WELCOME TO THE SITE by the way

can any budy help me in S5 135 U programing controller EPROM back up procedure ?

Do you already have an Eprom with the S5 program in it, or do you want to save the program in an Eprom?

If you want to save the program in an Eprom, you need a Field PG with an Eprom Programmer from Siemens and the S5 software installed.

Thanks Nonuke .
we have only program back up . during power failuare some times program in cpu is gone . we change battery but sill we facing problem . so we think to add EPROM in cpu

Although I am not referring to an S5
with that fault you are wasting time.
it is better to start the process to replace the PLC
sooner than later

you are on borrowed time as soon the machine will be down - for good.
I have seen the result here and it is not good

Thanks Nonuke .
we have only program back up . during power failuare some times program in cpu is gone . we change battery but sill we facing problem . so we think to add EPROM in cpu

What is the MLFB-number of your CPU?
The memory types differs between older and newer versions.

You could also try to add UPS feeding to the CPU rack. Ripple on the power supply can make the CPU so dizzy that the block stack gets messed up. (OB20/21/22 (don't remember the power-up OB nr. exactly) interrupting rapidly).

Kalle

Edit:
It could be interesting to see whats in the OB20,21,22 and in the mask DB1 eventually DX0 or was it DX1?
If I remember correctly, the mask-DBs contains settings how the restart is to be done (cold, warm, hot).

Last edited: