Sad News to Report...

Wow... :(

He was a great guy and an asset to the automation world. Been helping people here since the early, early days.

I helped him last year keep his site afloat. I've looked all over but can't find his address now. If anyone has it or a phone number or whatever please PM me as I'd like to do what I can to help his family.

If we get his families contact info we can take up a collection here on the site too for those interested.

Phil Melore said:
I've looked all over but can't find his address now. If anyone has it or a phone number or whatever please PM me as I'd like to do what I can to help his family. If we get his families contact info we can take up a collection here on the site too for those interested.

I have (I think) his contact info at home, I sent him some old PLC parts about a year ago.

I have also asked Eric if he would head up the collection, I don't care who does it... just someone needs to, he would be the first to jump in and help, if you can collect that would be great... where can we send the money??

I will look for the contact info tonight.

Eric Nelson said:
I just stopped by Ron's (rsdoran's) forum, and found THIS POST by his wife... :(

"This is the wife of rsdoran and I have very bad news to impart to all the members of my husband's website. My husband passed away this past Sunday, December 2nd. I am undecided what to do about this site as of this minute, but a decision will be forthcoming soon. In the meantime, feel free to take advantage of this site."

-Eric

To quote a member's signature on a Yahoo bike riders user forum:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather a body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO", What a Ride!!!!

RIP

Ron?

I am very sad to hear this. He was fun to read and participate with in this forum. I hope this is not true. I would say thanks to Ron for his time and advice. Is there an address for his wife?

I just phoned and talked with his stepson. Ron's wife is at work and he recommended I call her back tomorrow. I will do that and find out how we can best help his family and preserve his memory.
I'll post back after speaking with her.

I feel like I've been kicked in the gut

Ron and I passed a few emails back and forth and spoke on the telephone once. I deeply regret never having an opportunity to meet him in person. My sincere condolences to his family.

Phil, thanks for making this thread a sticky. Ron touched a lot of folks here, and I'm sure that those who don't check in every day will want to add their thoughts when they learn of his passing.

Ron, you will be missed here and everywhere.

Let's all do our part to keep the community strong. The forum has many different personalities, but Ron's dynamic was unique. It will never be replaced, but over time there will be many new voices and personalities to keep the machine running. Without that variety, this site would not be such a valuable resource.

Gone, but never forgotten.

Very sad.

I too, want to express my sincere condolences to his family.

It is very hard to express thoughts into words sometimes. Having spent a few years here I felt I knew him, he was very open. I would have liked to have meant him, I know we would have been friends.

Mickey

Mickey

My thoughts and prayers go out to Ron's family. We are better for having known him a bit. Ron made a positive impact by being willing to share his wealth of knowledge and experience here and with his own web site. He will be missed.

Ron's toolbelt now lies idle

electrical_toolbelt.jpg

As does his hardhat

hardhat1.jpg

We will miss all Ron, who was always ready to give us a hand

helping_hand.gif

I pay tribute to Ron Doran, as a
true teacher of the Industrial Arts

industrial_arts_cropped.JPG

I'll miss Ron's contributions.

Dan