Sad News to Report...

We will miss Ron, but he will live on here, and in our memories for a along time. This makes me think of just how fragil and temporary my own life is. My prayers go out to his family.

jvdcande said:
Phil,

maybe you can set up some kind of condoleance register. It will be a comfort for his family to know how he was loved and appreciated by people all over the globe.

Kind regards,

I signed (and linked back to this thread) the one located here:
Ron Doran

bernie_carlton said:
he lives on in the replies which still exist in this forum.

I think it was Isaac Newton who said. "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."

I feel this way about Ron. He is a giant of a man.

"rsdoran" was such a man, that one can be proud of having crossed swords with him - electronically of course. He helped many - and me too.
From his numerous posts one got to feel that you knew him well, even what kind of nature he was, even without having met him face to face.
I will miss him.

Ron has helped so many people including myself. I havn't posted much on this site but read and learn every day from it. I would like to thank ron for his genorousity and knowledge. He will be missed.

Dan M.
(highvoltage8471)

Phil Melore said:
I signed (and linked back to this thread) the one located here:
Ron Doran

Thanks for the link Phil. I signed.

Following this thread makes me feel like Ron was in our lives. For most of us, it was through the internet, but we all still learned from him.

He is a true teacher - even in his passing.

Ron - you will definitely be missed by many.

Ron was a very smart man. He openly shared his knowledge, helping many.
I remember the Pin Installation Machine the best. Many of us were preaching DRUM, but nobody bothered to post an example. Ron started writing and posting code, and that took the project to completion. He never saw the machine, yet wrote working code for it. I was very impressed.

He will be deeply missed.
May God bless his family in this time of sorrow.

Last edited:
I talked with his wife earlier today. He suffered a massive stroke during the night of Dec 2. He leaves behind a wife and 5 kids(ages 13-19).

His family will appreciate our generosity. Please give what you can as per instructions here. I will...

never to be forgotten ...

possibly the MAIN thing that I like about this forum is its ability for people all over the world, who share a common interest, to HELP each other ...

many people who come this way are just SEEKING help ... they come - and then they quickly go ...

then there are others who are willing to PROVIDE help - freely and eagerly ... thankfully for the rest of us, those are the ones who tend to stay ...

you don’t have to look beyond the numbers below to know exactly which category Ron Doran fit into ...

rsdoran.JPG

a quick search seems to show that this was his final post - and the date indicates that he was here - and helping - right up to the end ... a bar set at 7,380 posts is an incredibly high mark ... has anyone else ever matched it? ...

Last edited:
Goodbye, RSD.

Dammit, Ron, you were supposed to be too tough and too contrary to just up and die on us like that.

I'm stunned, and greatly saddened.

My prayers go out to Ron's grieving widow and children.

Phil Melore said:
I talked with his wife earlier today. He suffered a massive stroke during the night of Dec 2. He leaves behind a wife and 5 kids(ages 13-19).

His family will appreciate our generosity. Please give what you can as per instructions here. I will...

Just donated via paypal....

Ron will be missed, he was an asset here and will not be forgotten.

I nearly always read his posts and could see the ones he would jump on...

Fifty is no age at all, makes me think of my folks...

Wow, that's very sad news.

I always enjoyed reading his posts. They were always informative and often colorful. He was one the most helpful contributors to this site. He will be missed.

Rest in Peace Ron.

I may not have had much direct contact with Ron but trust me, I learned a vast amount from his posts and from his website as well. I can't count how many times I've been to his site to find a formula or to help explain a concept to someone. You will be missed Ron and your hard work is appreciated.

Has anyone else realized that less than two weeks ago Ron was working to help someone else that had a medical problem?

Just three days shy of four years ago I posted a question on his forum about whether or not I should go for a bachelors degree after getting my AAS. The very first person that replied was Ron with a big "EMPHATICALLY STATED: GET THE BACHELORS DEGREE". I wish I could tell Ron thank you for this advice. I graduate next Saturday..... His and everyone else's opinions helped me decide to go ahead and get it.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Doran family.

Dale