Sending message edits to Linx (Diagraph) Printer

electech84

Hello all. I'm a maintenance tech with limited PLC experience. Over the last year, I was tasked with upgrading our Legacy Panelviews to PV+. Now, since I have PV experience my boss has tasked me with something that may be outside of my capability.

Each one of our packing machines has two Linx Printers for printing date codes on the boxes. He wants to be able to input the date code into the Panelview and have it sent to both printers. I've been working on this for several weeks now and haven't been able to succeed. o_O

Right now, I'm doing everything from a test bench with 1756-L63 v20 processor and ENT2R module. I've reached out to our printer vendor for assistance and they sent the RCI manual (link at bottom)

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.diagraph.com/Portals/0/Remote%20Communications%20Interface%20Reference%20Manual%20%5BMP65038-8%5D.pdf?ver=2016-09-03-133855-433

Welcome to the forum.

You mention using Panelview to enter the date code, but 1756-L63 (ControlLogix?) to do the task. So I assume the PanelView will trigger code in the PLC, and the PLC will actually make the connection to the printer. Is that correct?

Anyway, it appears that this has come up before: see this link.

Welcome to the forum.

You mention using Panelview to enter the date code, but 1756-L63 (ControlLogix?) to do the task. So I assume the PanelView will trigger code in the PLC, and the PLC will actually make the connection to the printer. Is that correct?

Anyway, it appears that this has come up before: see this link.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, it's ControlLogix.
I will be sending a string (ie: DEC 28 B268) from the PV+ to the PLC, and the PLC will pass it to the printer. If I can do it without going through the PLC, even better.

I saw that link before. I didn't really understand what they were talking about (again...I'm a novice.) I looked up TIAPortal and saw that it was Siemens and assumed it didn't apply to what I was doing.

Again, thanks for the reply.