Sequencer Input/Output Question (RSLOGIX 5000)

kezin

Hello guys

I have to make a program using a SQI and SQO instruction in order to extend/retract 8 cylinders, one at a time. Each cylinder has 2 sensors which represents the status of the cylinder (retracted or extended)

I know how to use SQO, but I need to use SQI for the input sensors so it will only extend the next cylinder when the other ones are fully retracted (which will be told by the input sensors)

Can anyone help me please..

Do you have to use the SQI and SQO instruction? Or can you do it another way?

Also - is this a homework/class question? If it is, you'll have to post where you've got to so far, and explain what you understand and which parts you don't, and ask specific questions before you'll get much of a response.