Siemens SM331 Analogue Input modules

ProDave

I have gradually been selling off some old stock of Siemens S7 PLC modules.

I have had an enquiry. The customer wants a 6ES7-331-7KF02-0AB0
I have a 6ES7-331-7KF01-0AB0

What is the difference? Both are described as AI 8 X 12 bit.

I suspect the part No he wants is just a newer version. Does anyone know exactly what differences there are, and most important will the one I have plug in and work?

Also what is a fair second hand price for this module?

Last edited:
Yes, but what I was getting at, is could my potential customer just insert the module I have in place of the (presumably faulty) one it is replacing WITHOUT having to make any programming changes?

If I 7KF01 was my only spare I would just swop it but selling it ,it would be good policy to change the hardware config.

btw . I replace a faulty 7KF01 with a 7KF02 without change hardware config but then you would except later versions to work

The 7KF01 has weaker current source for 2 wire analog inputs. 7KF02 is a superior device. Isolation between groups is also improved.

Nick