Siemens Step 7

This is a little of topic but anyway, did any of you experiance problems after installing protool. After installing protool my computer doesn't want to shut down, it just freezes in windows shuting down screen. I have to turn it of manualy. So if any of you had this problem and if you corrected it could you please tell me. Thank you and sory for the post in this topic.

Dear Friend,

It depends on the services using by MS Windows. It might be a service of O.S. couldn't be ended. If you restart the computer and if you have no problem with ProTool, it is no problem. But, some of databases used by Simatic may corrupt the O.S. if you did not log on as Administrator to Personel Computer, computer can freeze while shutting down. For solving these problems please log on as Administrator to your P.C. and then try to test the overall process.

Best Regards,
Suat OCAKCI
[email protected]
TURKEY

Dear Friends (PLC.net forum)
If you use Win2000 or Xp and have a problem with some program not
work in these operating system.
May I answer in some difference way ..that ..no need to format your's harddisk.
If you have RAM 256 M or UP (More Ram better)..You can in stall Virtual PC
and then install Win98 ,WinMe..inside .
You can run that program from those guest (win98, or Me or ..)
IF you use note book and no have serial port..just buy some usb to serial cable (I use ATEN) ..So work fine with Mitsu ,Siemen ,AB ..

Platootod
Mechatronic RIT Nonthaburi
Thailand :D :D

I am registered as the administrator,so the problem for not shutting down is somwhere else. Do you think siemens would be able to help me???

These autorisation keys !!grr!%:-((...

I installed middle last year Step 7 upgrade version v5.2 above an older Step 7 version v4.02 on my XP pro Wintendo.
Installation was OK but moving these autorisation keys & tools was only succesfully after a few hours work with the Siemens helpdesk on phone. Now it is working fine under XP. Greetings.

I’ve seen two problems with the XP installation so far:

1) The Authorization doesn’t work with USB floppy drives (apparently it has a problem with handling removable media). The workaround is to install the authorization over the network.

2) If you install V5.2 SP1, the blocks do not sort properly in detail view. For instance, if you sort by date to see which blocks have been changed recently, and then click on “type” to put them back, the order is incorrect. The only way to fix it is to close and reopen the project again. This is a major pain, and I hope Siemens fixes this soon.

Re: Siemens SIMATIC & CP5511

suato said:
Dear friends,

If you have lots of problems using Simatic Softwares in Windows XP, you can contact me for solving problems. I will try to help you. I have solved my all problems using Simatic Softwares and hardwares such as CP5511 with Operating System WinXP.

for your questions, please contact me,

Best Regards,

[email protected]

Hello,
I saw your message and like porpose you my little problem with my CP5511 card.
I installed the card in Win XP and I configure the CP5511 in the PG/PC interface like a CP5511 Profibus interface.
If I do a test in the diagnostics panel than I see that it is OK.
If I do the testbutton in the Profibus/network diagnostics panel, then I see the message : 0x0316, hardware device already assigned.
Until now I was only working with the the COM port and MPI interface. Now I try to connect my step 7 (via Win XP pro) for the first time to a S7-300 DP2 CPU.
Know you this message nr. 0x0316 ?

Thanks and kind regards,
Perjan

Perjan

This is Siemens answer to your fault code.

Originally posted on the Siemens support web site

0x0316 Hardware ressource already busy:

If this error message occurs after the installation of the CP5511 in "Setting PG-PC interface", please proceed according to the approach described in entry-ID: 9853739:

Go to the Siemens support web site and type in 9853739 in the search box.

Hope this helps

Paul

CP5511 Installation

Dear Perjan,

Could you please report me your all configuration, PC, Simatic Softwares, Card Installation information files? So, another advice is that,

- Check the Interrupt Request Order (IRQ)
- Check the conflicts with your card
- Uninstall the conflicted hardware from hardware uninstall wizard
- Remove the card
- Uninstall the Card from hardware uninstall wizard
- Power off the computer
- Plug the card
- Power on your pc
- Then try to install your card again.
- Check the conflicted hardwares

See you later,
coming soon
Bye bye

Re: Siemens SIMATIC & CP5511

Perjan said:

Hello,
I saw your message and like porpose you my little problem with my CP5511 card.
I installed the card in Win XP and I configure the CP5511 in the PG/PC interface like a CP5511 Profibus interface.
If I do a test in the diagnostics panel than I see that it is OK.
If I do the testbutton in the Profibus/network diagnostics panel, then I see the message : 0x0316, hardware device already assigned.
Until now I was only working with the the COM port and MPI interface. Now I try to connect my step 7 (via Win XP pro) for the first time to a S7-300 DP2 CPU.
Know you this message nr. 0x0316 ?

Thanks and kind regards,
Perjan

Dear Perjan,

Could you please report me your all configuration, PC, Simatic Softwares, Card Installation information files? So, another advice is that,

- Check the Interrupt Request Order (IRQ)
- Check the conflicts with your card
- Uninstall the conflicted hardware from hardware uninstall wizard
- Remove the card
- Uninstall the Card from hardware uninstall wizard
- Power off the computer
- Plug the card
- Power on your pc
- Then try to install your card again.
- Check the conflicted hardwares

See you later,
coming soon
Bye bye

i have a little problem here
i have siemens step 7 v5.2 sp1 from shool.
but there is an autorizationdisk with it.
(a lisence for 120 days.)

but now i don't have a disk reader.

i've traied everiting nothing works someone has an answer?

PLucas said:
Perjan

This is Siemens answer to your fault code.

Go to the Siemens support web site and type in 9853739 in the search box.

Hope this helps

Paul

Hi,
Following the instructions on ID 11492532 and ID 9853739 ... it didn't brought me some lucky help. I tried all the possibilities (other IRQ, others memory areas) but without succes.
Strange, because on the Hardware test everything semes OK between the CP5511 and the pc but in the Network diagnostics there is still the 0316 error code : Hardware device already assigned.
In the device manager from Win XP there don't seme to be conflicts....
To be followed...
PS: my pc is a Compaq Evo N1015v with many Ram.

Kind regards,
Perjan

step 7v5.2 upgrade

Hi,friends

I have step7 v5.1, but I need to upgrade to v5.2 for working with Simatic Net v6.0.

Please, help me!!

Best regards,
Jean

need traning notes for PG 740PIII

any body wana help me to learn how to use PG740 as how can connect,use and programme plz would be a great time say u thanks
reply me at
[email protected]
thanksssssss
Muhammad Faisal Qureshi

Last edited:
Did you get the answer yet?

Dear Byrnem,
Did you get the answer yet?
You can follow some answer above or..
another way ..may be you can try
make 2 os in the same drive..
From the picture 2 OS in drive C ..work fine without conflict