Siemens Step 7

Problem removing Step 7 v3.2.0.105 and v3.2.4.27

Hi,

I have this problem. I have installed Simatic Step 7 Microwin32 v3.2.0.105 and v3.2.4.27. Now, the problem is that I cannot uninstall those two programs, nor can i reinstall them. When i try uninstalling, when i get to the remove page, an error pops up and says "cannot find s7dos client list in the registry". And when i try to reinstall it, nothing happens, it finishes the install, however, the program is not present and i cannot run it. Would some one please tell me how to fix this?

Thankx

Last edited:
For dlj

If you want to remove a stubborn program you have several solutions at your disposal.
You can follow microsoft advice regarding this or just use regedit and search for "siemens" or "Step7" entries, although I dont recommend you following this path unless you ABSOLUTELY KNOW what you're doing.
There's also software base solutions. There's microsoft TweakUI program that as a Add/Remove tab which is usually more powerfull and there's plenty free software out there that also proposes to do the job. Google for "remove programs" or "add and remove programs" or similar and I'm sure you'll see guides and/or software for this.

Best regards,
Nuno