Simulation

Gerbert

Dear all,

I'm working on a simulation of a car. I use a regular editor/engine combination for that, and commercial usb devices like a steering wheel end pedals. But, for more realism, I would like to add a real set-up of a car (found at a junkyard) as 'interface'. So, no more easy usb devices... Should I use various components (like potmeters) and connect them to a PC using a PLC ? Or are there other easier solutions ? Is a PCI PLC card affordable ?

Help would be very appreciated,

Gerbert

Now THIS sounds fun !

Even though it would be possible to use a PLC and interface it with a PC etc. etc. , why not just open up that USB steering wheel and pedal you have allready, and exchange the plastic components with some genuine car parts.

The other thing will cost you a LOT of time and money.

help me

** How is working PLC **
** How manny is Money sall PLC **
** You send Exsample please; **

Hi Jesper,

true! But, there are some technical constraints. My logitech steering wheel doesn't do as many rotations as the real thing. And I have no idea how to resolve that... The pedals would do fine, so I could use those. Buttons etc are also difficult, maybe you know some usb device with a lot of buttons ? Could use a joystick with a lot them, mmmmm...

Gerbert

A gear..... simple and effective. Well, that is an option. And certainly more simple than a PLC etc.

Gerbert