SLC 500 com driver problem with newer SLC 503

KSchmidt

Hi all,
For about a year I have been using an HMI program that I wrote in VB.net that uses the Tomantron DF1 driver through the RS232 port to read and write data to an Allen Bradley SLC-503 processor (Channel 0). Everything works very well. I purchased a newer SLC-503 to build a second unit to experiment on and cannot seem to write to the PLC files. The older SLC-503 has a 1747-OS302 Series C FRN 6 and the newer SLC-503 is 1747-OS302 Series C FRN 11. The program runs fine and the HMI computer will read the PLC files. I just cannot write to the PLC. The SLC program is exactly the same and I have been over the com settings and found no differences. I have tried more than one new SLC-503 with no better results. Installing the older SLC-503 in the new setup makes everything work. I realize that this is probably a driver issue that I cannot fix, but was wondering if someone could tell me what has changed in the SLC-503 or it’s OS. Maybe I just plain overlooked something.

Thanks
Kevin