SLC and the PIC

mikeyk

I have a SLC503 and I wish to talk to it without using the PIC. Does anyone know how to do this? Also the 503 has a program in it already that has to be erased. How do I do that?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

use the Rs232 port and in rslinxs do a auto-configure then go online with rslogix 500 and under the comm tab there should be a option to erase memory.

You can use a 1747-cp3 cable on the 9pin connector..

To clear everything you can unplug the battery and short the pins gnd and vbb on the back of the CPU... search the site just to make sure but I think thats what they are

geniusintraining said:
You can use a 1747-cp3 cable on the 9pin connector..

To clear everything you can unplug the battery and short the pins gnd and vbb on the back of the CPU... search the site just to make sure but I think thats what they are
This is correct - short the VBB and GND pins for about 30 seconds. This will default the processor.