Slc5/05 connection

wilsonzhu

Hi,

I just borrow a SLC5/05 processor, I don't know its Ethernet port's IP address, and also unkown DF1 slave node and other parameters. How can I reset the processor, what's the default parameter for ethernet and serial port's setting? Thanks,

I am not sure if resetting to defaults will clear the ethernet address.
I believe the default for the serial port is going to be DF1 at 19.2K

To reset the processor to factory defaults, disconnect the battery, remove the EEPROM, and short VBB to GND on the CPU for 30 seconds.

Then hook the battery back up, and you should be able to go online through the serial port, and then set/change the etherent port settings.

Thanks, I conect with the SLC5/05, and download a program, I disabled I/O slot enables and I/O slot interrupt enables bit(set to 0), but when I swith to run, fault error message is "The rack configuration specified in the user program is detected as being incorrect." is it because I have prosoft MCM46V modbus card configued in the program?

I am not sure if resetting to defaults will clear the ethernet address.
I believe the default for the serial port is going to be DF1 at 19.2K

To reset the processor to factory defaults, disconnect the battery, remove the EEPROM, and short VBB to GND on the CPU for 30 seconds.

Then hook the battery back up, and you should be able to go online through the serial port, and then set/change the etherent port settings.

The rack fault is probably due to the rack size; you need to physically have a rack that is the same size or larger than the rack defined in the I/O configuration.

Disabling the I/O Slot bits does not bypass the rack size requirement.

Thanks guys. I called for tech support of rockwell, the rack extension cable should from rack1's right side port to rack2's left side port. In our office, someboday connect extension cable to the right side of rack2.

The rack fault is probably due to the rack size; you need to physically have a rack that is the same size or larger than the rack defined in the I/O configuration.

Disabling the I/O Slot bits does not bypass the rack size requirement.