Slow shutdown times with RA software

phuz

Just curious if anyone else experiences slow shutdowns (1 min. or greater) after installing RA software. I've been plagued by this for about two years and it was after installing a bunch of new RA software, but I haven't been able to isolate it to a specific one, yet. Using shutdown trackers, I've narrowed it down a to service that is taking a long time to stop. Doesn't help much, though.

I assume you are referring to the windows operation system
Try shutting down RSLinx before you shut down the computer
it a Windows communication thing. if a packet is received while Windows is shutting is will delay the shutdown to process the received packet I have see very long delays even 3 to 4 min.

Yes, windows, specifically Windows 7.
Unfortunately, I've tried shutting down t RSLinx, and the laptop is disconnected from any network so packet reception is not an issue.