TIA Portal v18: Calendar date display in UK format?

I've got it working!

The last minute or so of this video was exactly what I needed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCVKFrLwzWA&t=174s

No need to change US to UK English language. You can leave it as US, but just change "M/d/yyyy" to "d/M/yyyy", then compile and it works.

In the HMI/WinCC development environment it still appears in US format, but the HMI displays it in UK format - see picture.

UK date format.jpg Screenshot 2023-11-15 142817.png

Last edited:
Blimey, the thought of that gives me the heebie-jeebies. I won't be doing that, as I know I'd mess it up.

Intuitively, changing the date format seems like it should be such a simple thing to do, but the reality is very different!

Thanks for the reply.

It's actually not quite as scary as you might think, it's pretty much just export to excel, copy/move column, import back. Well, also activating the new lang first and deactivating old one after.

Still tho, def want to backup first.

It's actually not quite as scary as you might think, it's pretty much just export to excel, copy/move column, import back. Well, also activating the new lang first and deactivating old one after.

Still tho, def want to backup first.

I have to ask this - what is the preferred method of back-up? Do you just create a copy/rename the project?

I mean...we could always use the ISO standard for date and time...
Personally, that's what I use. But it seems no one else I work with does...

Also, at least in Portal v13/14, if you muck about with language settings in the project, it'll trigger a "blocks don't match" warning, requiring a download to the PLC to get it all to match.

We had a project come in with a machine from France where the project language was set to French. Went online, everything matched perfectly. While online, changed project language to English (US): everything still matched perfectly. Saved, went offline, went back online, and every single program block had its indicator change color saying it didn't match on/offline any more. Only way to resolve was to download to the PLC.