Totally off topic....... puzzle

PLucas said:
Ahhhh!!! o_O

I have got to be honest here, I was struggling to work this out until my wife asked me what I was doing, then in a flash it came to me as I explained the rules to her, I think she broke my pattern of thought (tunnel vision??) :geek:

Oh yeah, it took me about 10 rolls to work it out.

Paul

Same thing happened to me Paul. I tried it several times and couldn't get it, then took a short break, reread the rules and BAM!

I will admit that without icky's "The name is significant" hint, I would probably have spent WAAAAY too much time figuring it out... ;)

I remember driving myself nuts one night on THIS damned thing, until Phil pointed out my ignorance... :oops:

🍻

-Eric

Seemed pretty simple..I answered incorrectly the first time, then looked at the correct answer and it clicked.

This remindes me of a teacher at my kids school. On parent orintation the teacher wrote a few simple equations on the blackboard.

11+3=2 6+3=9 12-5=7 10+6=4 2-5=??

All the kids got it right away, while the parents, (all professionals) were baffeled. You'll figure it out, but when you do you'll wonder why you didnt see it right away....

I would agree that it is not a question of mathematical aptitude , if you throw any suggestion of maths out , and just think about observation , you would be closer to the truth .
The repeated references to the name of the game suggests it , but as engineers (?) , we can't help being clever and trying a mathematical solution , rather than just opening our eyes .

Must be brain dead-- had it figured out BEFORE I rolled...

The triangle thingy we had given to us in geometry class (freshamn year of high school). A few minutes with a scissors and the answer becomes clear.

I think Elevmike posted that math puzzle before, remember seeing it here before.

Now what is the story with the "Mind Reader"? It had me right on the first time I tried for about 7 or 8 goes before I got mad and closed the window. Then I came back and it couldn't get me at all. Would love to know the theory behind it.

EDIT: Scratch that, 5 minutes of pure time-wasting and "theory" is cracked!🍻 I was cheating when it couldn't get me...

Now maybe I should get back to work. Or maybe not...

Last edited:
But I still dont know what a "petal" is.

I spent 3 months working in Malmö about ten years ago and discovered I could understand Swedish and Danish pretty well after a while. I came to the conclusion that Swedish was approximatel 30% English, 30% German and the remaining 40% Swedish (i.e. unidentifiable no matter which way you bent it). So maybe it'll work the other way round for you, Jesper, the German for "petal" is "Blütenblatt".

Alternatively you could always look it up in an English - Danish dictionary! :D

My head hurts

Dale,

Yes, I managed to find a PRC-E7 and one or two PRC-E5's as well. I could never find a bucket of propwash or a left-handed Philips screwdriver.

Eric,
The Mindreader is devious. I remember it took a little bit the first time I saw it (I think somebody posted it here last year).

Mike's puzzle has me stumped at the moment. I'm waiting for my 'savant' to kick in - right now I'm stuck in 'idiot' mode.
Time to power off, reset, and run ...

Mike